It may seem obvious why commercial fire alarms are installed, but if they are not routinely inspected and tested, they’re not going to do the job of protecting your employees and business from fires. Your company’s safety and the safety of your employees relies on regular/annual fire inspections.
You need to employ the services of a licensed professional to ensure that your fire protection system remains in proper working order. Maintenance and inspections that are completed by these experienced technicians not only ensures the safety of your employees but will also save your business money in the long run. When you are faced with false alarms or emergency repairs, you’re looking at a large hole in the wallet!
Here are the main reasons New Mexico business owners you should completed scheduled routine fire inspections:
- It’s the Law. You are required to comply with the National Fire Alarm Code as a business or building owner. Check on both your local fire safety requirements and include a chat with your insurance company to determine what you require legally.
- Inspections can save lives. You can’t guarantee that your fire alarm system is operating properly if you don’t take the time to conduct maintenance, testing and inspections. These are the only way to know if something is not working correctly.
- Proper care can save money. It’s quite possible that your insurance company offers discounts if you can prove you are keeping up with safe practices.
- Inspections prevent false alarms. Testing and inspecting your fire protection system can help prevent false alarms. These not only waste your time and money, but they also waste the time and resources of the Fire Department. You could also end up with a hefty fine for numerous false alarms.
- You may lower legal costs. You can be liable for huge lawsuits because of employee or visitor injuries should your fire protection system stop working.
It’s vital as a business or building owner that you take every mandated and necessary precaution to save people’s lives. Having routine fire inspections conducted by licensed professionals is a way to not only meet your obligations but give you peace of mind too.
At Brazas Fire, we specialize in servicing, inspecting, and testing most fire protection safety systems on the market. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are waiting for our call to schedule your fire inspections today!